Café Service Associate
BETA5 Chocolates is one of Vancouver’s essential dessert experiences.
We have been named as one of the Top 10 Chocolate Shops in North America, and our chocolates have received numerous awards, including Gold at the International Chocolate Awards.
Six days a week, our customers flood to our little shop, hidden away in the False Creek Flats, between Strathcona and Mount Pleasant. From cream puff super fans, to dessert thrill seekers, to the chocolate curious, we aim to provide our customers with knowledgeable, tailored customer service.
That’s where you come in...
We're looking for polished employees who are curious about food, and interested in learning the details of our business. We need you to be capable of sharing your excitement about food, investigating flavour profiles and ingredients, and communicating those experiences to our clientele.
Café Service Associate Responsibilities
- Daily opening and closing procedures
- Display and merchandising of chocolates, pastries and desserts
- Provide a friendly and knowledgeable experience to our customers, and guide them in making their selections
- Maintain smooth daily operation of café, through attentive stocking and proper product rotation
- Organization and fulfillment of pre-orders
- Packaging of a variety of chocolate and pastry items
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong experience working as a Barista
Our ideal candidate is...
- excited by a challenge
- and, into the details
- a small local business with opportunity for personal and professional growth
- a creative team that values a diverse group of voices
- focused on providing a memorable experience to everyone who interacts with our work
This is a full-time position that requires you to be available for shifts from Wednesday - Sunday, from 10am - 6pm.
We have created a comprehensive health + safety policy to guide our operation through COVID-19, which will be shared as a part of the hiring process.